Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Fragments.... again!

TGIF y'all! If you'd like to join Mrs 4444 for Friday Fragments, click her name or click the pretty button :) As I said last Friday, I'm new at the FF. This week's fragments started last Saturday. I would never be able to think of everything if I didnt start early! LOL

Friday Fragments?
** So, I got my LES (Leave and Earnings Statement, for those who dont know the acronym) aka check-stub online on Saturday. I noticed I got paid more than I was expecting... I GOT A RAISE! Woohoo!


** RAIN... It rained all weekend last week and low and behold, I got a roof leak. I love the rain though! I called in my issue to the management company (I rent) and they said "you're in the stack for the roofer, we'll call you back and let you know when he can come out there". Well, as of Thursday night, still no phone call. AND, I've had to cut the grass.... again. I cut the front yard Thursday and I'm headed out to cut the back yard as soon as I post this. Rigsby is starting to disappear in the back yard! I need to cut it so he doesnt get lost, poor little guy! LOL


** Update on Rigsby: He's back to his normal crazy self, except for one yacking episode Friday, the 11th. He's been eating more these days and weighs 7 lbs! I took him for a follow up appt on Wednesday. I swear, being a walk-in at Banfield is like an emergency room. You sit and wait..... and wait.... and wait some more. I mean, I'm used to the Army's motto, "Hurry up and wait", but goodness! Either way, he's fine and back to normal. Crazy little dog.



** My hubby has been in GA for school for 25 days now. I have one more week until he's home! We've been thru multiple deployments, but him just being 13 hrs away is worse I think! He's been having a good time at BeerNCOC BNCOC, shooting weapons he hasnt shot in a good while, reminiscing about Basic Training & Airborne school, going to the New Airborne Museum. He also was chosen to go to the Leadership Board for his class. The winner gets an award and is considered the leader of the whole class. (20ish people in 8 classrooms, so, overall) Well.... he WON. :) I'm so very proud of him and cant wait to see him next week so I can give him a big ole hug!!

9 comments:

Kori said...

I love the mental image of your dog getting lost in the yard, and in the same thought feel glad that at least one of our dogs is HUGE because that means I really don't need to be mowing as often as I am. So thanks for that. :) Glad he is feeling better, though. Thanks for stopping by my pad today, too! It's always so neat to see a newcomer.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Congrats on the raise!! Too bad the roof leaks, hopefully you have a mgt company that will get on that quickly! I'm happy to hear that Rigsby is so much better. :)

MrsSki said...

So glad that Rigsby is doing better despite the one yacking episode.

Yay, you got a raise! Before I was a military wife I would get frustrated with my bff who was an army wife using all those acronyms. LES, BAH, BAS, etc. But now it's like second nature!

I hope he had fun at BNOC (love how you called it beerNOC...hilarious!). Isn't that funny how training seems worse than deployments. I always hated when Mr. Ski had to go to JRTC!

Great Fragments!

Smoochiefrog said...

Glad Rigsby is doing better. :)

Hurry up and wait is so military universal. They always want you to do your part quickly so they don't have to wait, but then you have to wait on their end for the final result. Military intelligence I tell ya.

Claudya Martinez said...

Congrats on your raise and congrats to your hubby.

Jamie said...

You didn't tell me you got a raise! HOORAY!
Glad Kyle is coming home soon...those steaks in the freezer are sooo tempting.

mub said...

I'm glad Rigsby is doing better!

Congrats on the raise, that's never a bad thing... except when it jumps you into a higher income bracket and that causes all hell to break loose haha

annies home said...

congrats on your raise

thanks for stopping by my blog

Mrs4444 said...

Looks like you had a lot to celebrate this week! Congrats on your raise. I hope the roof got taken care of...