Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Fragments....

My first! I have been blogging more, mainly because my friend Jamie tells me I must.... So, I shall give Friday Fragments a whirl! I have been saving up my fragments throughout this week. If you'd like to join in with Mrs 4444, just click on the beautimous button! Enjoy!


Friday Fragments?





** My poor little Rigsby. Last Friday, he had to go get a dental cleaning at the vet. Had him there between drop-off times, 7-8am. I'm pretty sure we've never had his teeth cleaned. SO, I NEVER get a phone call, ALL day to tell me he's ready for pick-up. I didnt call, because I thought they may just have a bunch of patients. Well, I go by there at 6:20pm. I say, "I never got a phone call". The girl says "oh, yeah it looks like no one called". DUH. I ask about what time he was probably done, and she says probably around 4 or 4:30pm. OK. That's ok at this point b/c I probably couldnt have picked him up anyway, however, a phone call wouldve been nice. They bring him out and both of his legs are shaved where they had to do an IV. An IV?? Well, I was under the impression that they might give him a diphenhydramine (benadryl) shot, but not an IV!! I pay the $16 (wouldve been MUCH more if we didnt have doggy insurance) and we go home. He's so sad. I start to flip through the paperwork and read what they did to him... I see, "Internal Organ Func Screen" "Blood Sample Collect" "IV Fluid/Catheter Insertion" "Anesthesia" "Tracheal Intubation" "Ampicillin Trihydrate"...... I have no clue why my dog needed all this to get his teeth cleaned! They havent said anything about any diseases or anything to be concerned about besides tartar. I'm very upset with Banfield... To top it off, I found a flea on him too!!!!! Ugh...


** So, we have a house for rent in SC. Well, it's not rented out yet, and its been sitting empty since March. My brother was in the neighborhood and decided to drive by to check on things. He sends me a text... "No wonder your house hasnt rented. There's not a sign in sight anywhere!".... Well, this isnt the first time the sign has been MIA. I told him to check in the window because thats where the management company said they put it, because the one in the yard kept going missing. He drove back by to be sure he wasnt crazy, and NO SIGN. Not in the yard, not in the window.... I didnt get this info until 7:30 EST, 6:30 CT. On Friday.... the first day of a LONG weekend. These people dont work on weekends, so, I have to wait til Tuesday to call and bless them out! I swear, if they dont do something soon, I'm gonna scream!!!! ;)

UPDATE on the house... On Tuesday I called the management company to complain about the sign not being anywhere in sight, and they proceeded to say "Oh, it rented today"... It rented? When were you gonna call and tell us?? SO, it did, it rented and we wont have to pay two house payments come the beginning of October! WOOHOO!!!!!!! :D


** On Monday, Labor Day, I did some hard labor. I cut the grass. I dont do this often b/c my sweet hubby usually does. We had a self-propelled mower while he was on his last tour of Ancient Babylon so that it would be easier for me. I loved that mower! ;) Well, we didnt want to bring it to TX, so we bought a push-mower when we got here. Well, HE decided we'd get an actual PUSH mower... not a self-propelled. Well, the hubby is in GA at school. I called him in the midst of my mowing and told him that I was not impressed with the decision to buy this friggin' PUSH mower! It was kicking my butt! I did get it done though, and am proud that I did it! He did say he felt bad that I was having to do it, but really thought he'd be the only one mowing. I told him "And you should be the only one!!!!" LOL

** Also on Labor Day, it was Free Chicken sandwich day at Chick Fil A if you wore a sports team logo. I went with Jamie and her 3 all dressed up! I actually wore my softball jersey from my senior year of high school! I am a Clemson University fan, and would have worn my CU shirt if it hadnt been long sleeves. Sleeves and 92 degrees dont mix well! We did see some Clemson fans seated just a couple tables over from us though, which was too cool. Its a small world and an even smaller Army. It's so neat to meet people who are from your state, let alone 30 mins from your hometown!! That's one of many things I love about the military!


** So, my poor Rigsby has been sick since going to get his teeth cleaned last Friday. He has been yacking (i dont like the word vomit, yuck) every other day since Saturday. So, I took him back to the vet on Wednesday (my fabulous day off!). They did a couple tests on him, and found nothing wrong. However they gave him an antibiotic that covers from "stomach to rear-end" to catch and fix anything bug he may have. Lets hope it helps!

** RAIN! Thank the good Lord for rain!! It rained off and on yesterday all day. Since last night, it has rained and rained and rained. Its a great day to be a duck!! ;) I'm hoping the grass will not need another cut!!

11 comments:

Matty said...

Love Chick-Fil-A, especially their sweet tea.

We have plenty of rain here if ya want some.

Take care of the Rigsby.

JennyMac said...

Hope your pup is feeling better!

And yes, sometimes rain is SUCH a blessing. Have a great weekend.

Claudya Martinez said...

Just think of your labor as a labor of love.

We don't have any Chick-Fil-A's where I live.

MrsSki said...

Thanks for your commment! It is nice to see another infantryman's wife! Tell your husband Thank you for his service. I don't know how they do what they do!

AS far as your puppy is concerned...that is nuts! All that to get his teeth cleaned?! I recently had to take my chihuahua to be boarded (the first time she's ever been boarded alone) and while she was there she also had to get shots, get fixed, and she had her first professional grooming and nail clipping job. I'm sure she was beyond traumatized when all was said and done! Thank heavens you had doggy insurance or I'm sure that bill would not have been pleasant!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Did your vet mix your dog's chart with a different dog? All that for a teeth cleaning? And now the poor thing is sick...I'd be concerned about that vet for sure!

Hubby does all the push-mowing around here and I get to ride the tractor around. I like that set up. We do have a self-propelled mower, but I forgot that it was self-propelled when I used it and it seemed like it was taking forever...because it was! ;)

Happy FF! :)

Jamie said...

You fragmented! Woohoo!
Poor little Rigs. I'd tell you to bring him over and let the kids play with him, but that might traumatize him more!
CFA was great! :)

Eve said...

Oh... poor doggy!!

mub said...

For some reason I was under the impression that for a really deep cleaning they usually put the animals under, but for light routine stuff they keep them awake. I might be wrong though, it's been known to happen ;)

I hope he's feeling better now though, it's no fun having a sick puppy!

Melanie Penelope said...

Poor doggy, I hope he feels better!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Your friend Jaime is a smart one. Blogging is good for the soul :)

I know what you mean about management companies not putting the signs up - Ugh. Congrats on getting it rented for a few months!!! Bravo!

I'm so sorry to hear about what your dog has been going through -- it sounds like the vet did a lot more to your pooch than you authorized. Ihope he feels better.

Mrs4444 said...

You're funny-I enjoyed these.

No Chick-a-fil here, you luckyyyyy.

Yea for rain! We haven't had nearly enough around here, either.

Poor puppy... :( I hope he's feeling better.

I'm relieved for you on the house rental thing. My sister is in the same boat, moving from Memphis to Tulsa after waiting months for their home to sell. She's going with a management company now but isn't happy about it. What can you do??

Have a great week! :)